Monday, February 9, 2009

Goodbye


Around Christmas time 15 1/2 years ago she came to live with us. She was so small at 3 months old that she fell asleep in my lap on the way home. Her name was Sheba but I re-named her Guess and she was my 13th birthday present. She was my constant companion, hiking buddy, protector and sympathetic listener. With Guess at my side I was free to wander the woods knowing no harm could come to us, and that we could always find our way home.

Some people may laugh and dismiss that she was just a dog, but she was loved very much and is missed everyday. 

2 comments:

S. Pierce said...

Dear Christine~ I am very sorry for you loss. I know what it is to be attached to a pet and I truly do feel empathy with you. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we will keep an eye on mom and dad for you. May God bless and encourage you and the team.
In Him~ Sam

Luke's mommy said...

Tell someone your living with to give you a big hug from me!